THE swimming team from Bombala Public School travelled to Cooma on Thursday for the Snowy Mountains District Swimming Carnival.
The day was spectacular for swimming and some great results were achieved.
• Mackenzie Phillips – 9th 100m freestyle, 6th 50m snr girls breaststroke, 9th backstroke, 9th 50m freestyle, 3rd snr girls 4x50 relay, 6th individual medley
• Karter Hampshire – 8th 100m freestyle, 4th 50m snr girls breaststroke, 3rd 50m freestyle, 3rd snr girls 4x50 relay
• Larissa Ponsford – 7th 100m freestyle, 3rd breaststroke, 6th backstroke, 8th 50m freestyle, 3rd snr girls 4x50 relay, 3rd butterfly
• Brady Jones – 8th snr boys 50m breaststroke, 6th backstroke, 8th 50m freestyle, 4th snr boys 4x50 relay
• Paddy Brownlie – 10th 50m 11 yrs boys breaststroke, 7th backstroke, 10th 50m freestyle, 4th snr boys 4x50 relay
• Heidi Brownlie – 4th 8 yrs girls 50m freestyle
• Natasha Moreing - 11th 8 yrs girls 50m freestyle
• Emilie Vincent – 7th 8 yrs girls 50m freestyle
• Lucy Merritt – 11th 9yrs girls 50m freestyle
• Tamika Buckmaster – 13th 9yrs girls 50m freestyle
• Beau Brownlie – 9th Jnr boys 50m backstroke, 12th 9yrs boys 50m freestyle, 6th jnr boys 4x50 relay
• Jye Miles – 14th 9yrs boys 50m freestyle, 6th jnr boys 4x50 relay
• Colby Brownlie – 11th 9yrs boys 50m freestyle, 6th jnr boys 4x50 relay
• Zali Lavender – 7th jnr girls breaststroke, 10th backstroke, 7th 50m freestyle, 2nd jnr girls 4x50 relay, 8th butterfly, 4th jnr girls individual medley
• Zara Badewitz – 1st 50m jnr girls breastroke,
7th backstroke, 5th 50m freestyle, 2nd jnr girls 4x50m relay, 3rd jnr girls individual medley
• Izzy Salter – 9th 10yrs girls 50m freestyle, 2nd jnr girls 4x50m relay
• David Cotterill – 11th 50m jnr boys breaststroke, 11th 50m jnr boys backstroke, 14th 10 yrs boys 50m freestyle
• Jack Stevenson – 8th 10 yrs boys 50m freestyle, 6th jnr boys 4x50m relay
• Mel Devine – 9th 11 yrs girls 50m backstroke, 12th 50m freestyle
• Dakota Miles – 7th 11 yrs girls 50m backstroke, 9th 50m freestyle, 6th butterfly
• Lane Stevenson – 12th 50m 11 yrs boys breaststroke, 9th backstroke, 14th 50m freestyle, 4th snr boys 4x50m relay, 5th 50m butterfly
• Bree Brownlie – 8th snr girls 50m backstroke, 13th 50m freestyle, 3rd snr girls 4x50m relay
• Sarah Moreing – 6th 50m jnr girls breaststroke
• Amber Butterworth – 7th breaststroke
• Portia Giles – 6th 11yrs girls 50m breaststroke
• Reagan Hurley – 9th 50m11yrs boys breaststroke, 4th snr boys 4x50m relay
• Jack Cuzner – 11th snr boys 50m breaststroke, 8th backstroke
• Hannah Feilen – 5th jnr girls 50m backstroke, 5th butterfly
• Tilly Yelds – 2nd jnr girls 4x50m relay
Overall champion school went to Cooma Public School followed by Jindabyne Central School, Cooma North and then Bombala, followed by Rivers Schools and finally Berridale.
Fourth position on the day was a huge effort from our little school and the very dedicated swimmers, they represented our school proudly and were a credit to Bombala Public School.
Students who received a 1st or 2nd place will represent the Snowy Mountains at the Regional Carnival in Dapto on Friday, March 7.
Good luck to Zara Badewitz in the junior girls 50m breaststroke and junior girls 4x50m relay.
Good luck also to Zali Lavender, Tilly Yelds and Izzy Salter also in the junior girls 4x50m relay.
Great efforts by these girls and all the competitors on the day.
A big thank you to the parents and guardians who transported the students and assisted with timekeeping duties at the carnival, the day would not have been a success without you.