Council would like to notify the Snowy Monaro community that pesticides will be used from August until June 2019.
Notice is given pursuant to Part 5 of the Pesticides Regulation 2017, that council will be carrying out the following herbicide applications on roadsides, reserves, operational lands and Crown lands within the Snowy Monaro Region:
• Flupropanate products for the control of Serrated Tussock, African Lovegrass, Chilean Needle Grass, Coolatai Grass and other exotic, perennial grass weeds.
• Glyphosate 450 for the control of exotic, perennial grass weeds as detailed above; in addition to the non-selective control of general weeds around guideposts, signs, under guardrails and in urban situations.
• Roundup bioactive or alternative aquatic approved Glyphosate formulation for the non-selective control of weeds in aquatic situations.
• Grazon Extra, Stinger or Metsulfuron-methyl products for the control of woody weeds, including but not limited to Sweet Briar, Blackberry, St John’s Wort and Scotch/English Broom.
• MCPA or Dicamba formulations for the control of Thistles.
• Bromoxynil for the control of Fireweed.
For more information, please phone 1300 345 345.