The bushfire burning in the Rockton area has been upgraded to Watch and Act.
People in Bombala including Mila Road, Monaro Highway, Rosemeath Road, Link Road and Rosedale Road are asked to monitor conditions.
The fire is more than 35,000 hectares in size and is out of control. It is part of a larger fire burning in Victoria.
Take note that fire activity is increasing and that the fire has crossed the Victorian border at multiple points into NSW.
The fire spread prediction map shows the potential fire spread and the communities that may come under threat from embers or fire fronts. Other surrounding areas may still come under threat if conditions change, or if fires breach containment lines.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- If you are in an area that has already been affected by fire, there may be small areas of active fire burning for some time. Be aware of the dangers of trees and branches falling.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.